Before the 2015/16 season, avalanche backpacks were sold with ABS M.A.S.S. units. From the 2016/17 season onwards, however, we have exclusively used our own AVABAG avalanche airbag system.
The ABS avalanche airbag system is a piece of emergency equipment, meaning a regular check-up is essential to ensure problem-free use in an emergency situation.
When is the check-up necessary?
A general service check should be carried out on avalanche backpacks with ABS M.A.S.S. airbag systems EVERY 3 SEASONS
In addition, a check-up service is necessary in the following cases:
AFTER AVALANCHE DEPLOYMENT
Each avalanche deployment can push the material to its limit. Please note that damage to the equipment is not always visible and we therefore always recommend that the backpack, its system and the empty activation unit are checked.
The storage advice in the operating instructions was not heeded.
WEAR AND TEAR
Material wear has been spotted on the M.A.S.S. unit.
We ask that you use the check-up service early IN THE SUMMER to ensure that your backpack is ready to use when you need it.
When is the repair service necessary?
A repair service is essential in the following cases:
- The M.A.S.S. unit was activated without a screwed-on cartridge.
- There is other damage to the M.A.S.S. unit.
How the service works
It is important for us to provide a good and quick service. For this reason, we would like to provide you with some information about the service process for our ABS avalanche backpacks with M.A.S.S. units.
- Contact your ORTOVOX dealer to send your M.A.S.S. unit for the check-up or repair service. This is possible EXCLUSIVELY VIA AUTHORIZED DEALERS.
- If your backpack is undamaged, simply send us the M.A.S.S. unit so that you can continue to use your backpack. You can find details on how to remove it in the operating instructions.
- Please note that we cannot offer you a replacement or hire product for the duration of the repair/check-up.
- Your M.A.S.S. unit has a serial number. We can use this to ensure that the product you receive after repair/check-up is the exact product you sent in.
If you live in the USA or Canada and need service for your ORTOVOX ABS avalanche backpack, please contact our country office in the USA or Canada:
- Phone: 833-678-6869
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 403-283-8944 (10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- E-mail: email@example.com
Our team will be happy to assist you and provide information on next steps.
Duration of service
We wish to ensure that your M.A.S.S. unit is serviced and repaired perfectly to guarantee optimum performance. Because of these high quality requirements, we need slightly more time than usual. We ask for your understanding that the service can take AROUND 4–6 WEEKS.
CHARGES FOR CHECK-UP AND REPAIR SERVICES
- Check-up Service:
- 75 € incl. sales tax + shipping costs
- Repair service:
- 85 € incl. sales tax + shipping costs
Repair cots are not applicable if a claim under warranty is validated.
Depending on the location of the dealer, as well as the extent of the damage, the costs may vary. We recommend that you inquire about the costs directly with the dealer or with our national offices (outside Germany and Austria).