Benny and Paul from the ORTOVOX team have put together a couple of tips if you would like to clean your backpack after a long tour. You can find a step-by-step guide under the video.
Video: correct backpack washing, cleaning, drying
- PREPARATION: Shake out your backpack or vacuum the inside to remove larger bits of dirt. Remove the frame, if the backpack has one.
- RINSING: If there is dirt dried on to your backpack, you can brush this off or rinse your backpack under the shower.
- WASHING: Fill a bathtub, shower tray or washbasin with lukewarm water and add a suitable detergent such as gall soap. Soak your backpack.
- WARNING: Never use chlorine or any other aggressive detergents. These can destroy the PU coating that protects the material used in your backpack.
- WIPING: After soaking it for a short time, remove dirt from the inside and outside of the backpack using a soft brush or microfiber cloth.
- PADDED SECTIONS: Squeeze out all padded sections a few times in the water. This will get rid of any sweat marks that may be caused by salt, skin oil and sun cream.
- ZIPPERS: Simply clean the zippers in the water using a toothbrush.
- RINSING OUT: Fully rinse the backpack to remove all detergent residue.
We hope these tips help you get your backpack clean again. If you have other questions about cleaning your ORTOVOX products, you can find more tips in the ORTOVOX PROTACT LAB